9. How are dry ice pellets made?
Dry ice pellets are made from liquid CO2 stored in a pressurised tank. When expanding the liquid CO2 it forms snow. This snow is compressed and extruded through an extruder plate giving the final dimensions of the pellets. The equipment producing the pellets is called a pelletiser.
Do you want more information about dry ice production? Contact us or go to our page ‘dry ice process’.
- 10. How can dry ice be stored and transported?
- 11. How is CRYONOMIC® dry ice blasting equipment different from competitors?
- 12. Does dry ice blasting cool the base material?
- 13. Can I blast with dry ice on hot tooling?
- 14. Can I use my shop air for operating the dry ice blasting system?
- 15. What kind of compressed air is recommended for dry ice blasting by contract cleaners?